Every year, KVPY is conducted to search and select highly motivated and exceptionally talented students with unprecedented thought processes and capabilities. The main objective of this program is to identify and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in India. KVPY is organized and conducted by the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) Bangalore annually.
Table of Content
- KVPY 2021 Important Dates
- KVPY 2021 Application Process
- KVPY Admit Card
- KVPY Exam Pattern 2021
- KVPY Result
- KVPY Cutoff
- KVPY 2021 Mock Test
- List of KVPY Exam Centres
|Full Exam Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Examination|
|Short Exam Name||KVPY|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science Bangalore|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
KVPY 2021 Important Dates
Below we have listed some of the important dates for the 2021 exam.
|Registration Start Date||July 12, 2021|
|Registration Last Date||Extended: September 06, 2021|
|Fee Payment Last Date||September 09, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||October 7th, 2021|
|KVPY 2021 Aptitude Test||22-May-2022|
|Release of Official Answer Keys||To be announced|
|KVPY 2021 Result||To be announced|
|Interview Dates||To be announced|
KVPY Preparation Tips
KVPY Eligibility 2021
|KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria|
|Stream SA||Due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, as a one-time measure, students who have passed X Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enrol in XI standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021-22, are eligible to appear for the Aptitude test.|
|The student should produce a study certificate of class XI class once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.|
|The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2023-24 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in the XII Standard /(+2) Board Examination.|
|During the interim period of one year, they will be invited to the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be met by KVPY.|
|Stream SX||Students enrolled in XII Standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021–22 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022-23.|
|The Fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2021-22 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.|
|Students in their 2nd year of study in Cambridge International Examination Board and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022-23.|
|Stream SB||Due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, as a one-time measure, students who have passed XII Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enrol in the 1st year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021–22 are eligible to appear for the aptitude test. The student should produce a study certificate of 1st year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.|
|The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) in the academic year 2021-22 and must have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.|
Read More: KVPY Eligibility 2021
KVPY 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
IISc will release the online KVPY exam applications on July 12, 2021 in online mode. The application form will be accepted till September 6 and the fees have to be paid by September 9th, 2021. Students can fill the KVPY 2021 registration form by following the steps given below:
Log on to http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/applications.htm
Step 1: KVPY registration 2021- Applicants should have a valid email ID and mobile number to register for KVPY.
Step 2: Applicants have to fill in details including personal and academic. They also have to upload signatures and photographs,
Step 3: Pay Application Fees – Students can pay the fees online via net banking, credit or /debit card payments.
Read More: KVPY Application Form 2021
|General, OBC||Online||₹ 1250|
|SC, ST||Online||₹ 625|
Documents Required for KVPY Application Form:
- Scanned passport-sized photograph in JPG/JPEG or PDF format. The image size should be less than 150 kb.
- Scanned signature. The image size should be less than 80 kb.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate, if applicable.
- A scanned pdf copy of the medical certificate for PwD candidates.
KVPY Admit Card
KVPY admit card is usually released via the online mode. As per the official notice, the admit card is set to be released on October 7, 2021. On this day, candidates will be able to download the admit card by visiting the official website and entering their login details. The details on the KVPY 2021 admit card will include name, roll number, exam centre, photograph, signature, and more.
Admit card is an important document that candidates should carry to the exam hall. No student will be allowed to write the exam without it.
Steps to download the KVPY Admit Card
- Visit the KVPY official website.
- Click on the link of the KVPY 2021 admit card.
- Enter application number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” tab.
- KVPY 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the hall ticket and also take printouts of the same.
KVPY Syllabus 2021
There is no specifically prescribed syllabus for the entrance examination as it is conducted to mainly test the analytical ability and understanding of candidates instead of their factual knowledge. In general, the syllabus of KVPY 2021 comprises of topics from Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects. The question paper will contain questions from Class 10th, 11th, 12th or 1st year of MS, B. Sc, Int.M.Sc, B. Stat., B. Math. or BS.
Access Detailed Syllabus: KVPY Syllabus
KVPY Exam Pattern 2021
Exam Pattern for SA stream
- SA stream exam is held in the morning shift i.e. from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The examination is conducted for 3 hours.
- The test is conducted in two parts.
- Part I = 60 and Part II = 20 questions.
- The total number of questions in the SA stream is 80
- It is mandatory to attempt all questions in all the subjects.
- The questions are given in English and Hindi.
- There are negative marks given for every wrong answer.
- In part I, each correct answer is given 1 mark. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks is deducted.
- In part II, every correct answer is given 2 marks and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks is deducted.
- The total marks allotted for the question paper is 100 with a total of 25 marks for each subject.
|No||Subject||Part I||Part II||Marks|
|1||Physics||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|2||Mathematics||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|3||Biology||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|4||Chemistry||15 Questions||5 Questions||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Total||60 Questions||20 Questions||100 marks|
KVPY Exam Pattern For SB/SX stream
- SX/SB Stream exam is held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- The exam duration for the KVPY exam for SB/SX streams is 3 hours.
- The question paper is of 160 marks.
- Part I is of 80 questions and part II carries 40 questions. Students need to attempt only 80 questions in total.
- Students must attempt any 3 sections from part 1 (20*3=60 marks) and any 2 sections from part 2=(20*2=40).
- In Part I of SB/SX Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response & 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SB/ SX, for each correct response, two marks will be awarded & 0.5 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Mathematics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
Read More: KVPY Exam Pattern
Examination and Selection Process
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams will be called for an aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centres across the country on the set exam date. On the basis of their performance in the aptitude test candidates will be called for the next stage of the KVPY selection procedure. The second stage will include an interview round. Details such as the interview dates, times and venues will be communicated through email or the details will be announced on the website. After the completion of the entrance exam and the interview round, successful candidates will be provided with the scholarship.
- Candidates are evaluated on their reasoning and analytical abilities.
- Candidates should obtain a total of 75% marks.
- Shortlisted candidates are allocated a venue for the interview.
- The interview round is held primarily for acquiring additional information from the applicants with regard to their knowledge, abilities and aptitude, etc. in the field of science and research.
Aspirants should carry some documentation for the KVPY interview:
- Category certificate
- Self-appraisal form
- Teacher recommendation form
- Attested copy of mark sheet of class X and XII
- Interview call letter
- Study certificate form
- Medical certificate if asked for
KVPY 2021 Result
IISc Bangalore will declare the result of the KVPY exam in an online mode. For 2021, it will mostly be announced in the third week of December 2021. The details will be shared once the exams are over. KVPY 2021 results will be announced in the form of PDF and can be downloaded from the official website. It will contain details such as the roll number, application number, name, and rank of candidates who have qualified KVPY 2021.
A merit list is published category-wise for each stream for KVPY final result 2021. The candidates whose names are on the list are recommended for the KVPY fellowship programme provided they meet the KVPY 2021 eligibility criteria.
Candidates have to note that no request for re-evaluation of the KVPY result is entertained under any circumstance. Candidates who secure the KVPY cutoff marks as per their category will be considered qualified for the fellowship programme.
Steps to Check KVPY Result?
Here we have given some steps to check the KVPY 2021 Result.
- Visit the official website: kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- Click on the results link and a new webpage will open on the screen.
- Fill in all the required login details like Application Number and Date of Birth correctly.
- After filling in the details, click on the “Continue” button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the details given on the result PDF and download the result.
- Candidates can keep a copy of the result for further admission process.
IISc Bangalore along with the result will also release the KVPY 2021 cutoff. The cutoff will be released for General, SC/ST, and PWD category candidates. KVPY cutoff is used for shortlisting aspirants for the second level of the exam, which is the interview. The cut off for each stream is declared out of 100 marks. Cut off is the minimum qualifying score calculated combined for the aptitude test.
While the cutoff details are yet to be announced we have provided the KVPY cutoff details for the 2020 exam.
KVPY Aptitude Test Cut Off 2020
Read More: KVPY Cutoff
KVPY 2021 Mock Test
KVPY Mock Test 2021 enables the candidate to experience an actual exam environment. Not only do they get well versed with exam patterns, but they also get to know about their weak areas which need to be focused more on. Here are some points to note about KVPY mock test:
- The KVPY 2021 mock test will be available both in Hindi and English
- Candidates can sign in directly without using their login ID and password to access the mock test
- The KVPY mock test is divided into two parts, comprising questions from Mathematics, Science, Physics and Chemistry
- The total duration of the mock test of KVPY is 180 minutes
KVPY Question Papers
Students can access the past question papers of KVPY at BYJU’S. They can follow the given link to access the KVPY Question Papers PDFs and use them to practice solving the different types of questions.
KVPY Scholarship/ Fellowship
Based on candidates’ performance in aptitude tests and interviews they will be eligible for KVPY Fellowship/scholarship. The details about the cash which is awarded to the KVPY scholarship holders are as follows;
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 20,000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7,000||Rs. 28,000|
List of KVPY Exam Centres
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|