Lakhs of students take part in NEET every year. NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level medical entrance test. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to medical courses in recognized and approved medical institutes across the country.
As per the National Medical Commission Act, 2019, Section 14, NEET stands as the common and uniform medical entrance test for UG medical courses across all the medical institutes, administered under any law. Following this, admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER institutes are also under NEET. Get the complete details of NEET 2022-23 here.
Table of Contents
1) NEET 2022 Exam dates
2) NEET 2022 Application
3) NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
4) NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
5) NEET 2022 Syllabus
6) NEET Admit Card 2022
7) NEET 2022 Preparation
8) NEET Results 2022
9) NEET 2022 Other Details
NEET Highlights – What’s New?
The Medical Council of India has introduced some changes in NEET on the recommendation of the Union Health Ministry. Take a look at the changes implemented:
- NEET stands as the single-level medical entrance test conducted nation-wide, thus scrapping AIIMS and JIPMER entrance tests
- The 15% All India Quota scheme is now joined by states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Qualifying NEET UG exam is now a must even for Indian candidates who desire to pursue medicine abroad
- No restriction on the number of attempts at NEET. However, age limit restriction must be followed as per corresponding categories
- A total of approximately 543 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022
- Revision in examination fee
- The duration of the NEET 2022 will be 200 minutes (03:20 hours) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST)
NEET 2022 Exam Dates – Important Dates For NEET 2022
Candidates who are willing to take part in NEET 2022 can check the table below for all the important dates.
|Application form – Date of release||6th April 2022|
|Application form – Last Date Of Application||6th May 2022|
|Application form fee – Last date to submit||7th May 2022|
|Correction Window Portal Opens||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release date||To be announced|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||17th July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Announcement of Results||To be announced|
NEET 2022 Application
Candidates taking part in NEET 2022 can visit the official website for NEET to fill out the application form available. Candidates can fill in the application form through the online mode only and not offline mode. Click on the “Apply Online” link and get directed to filling the application form.
Steps in Online filling of Application form:
- Visit the official website for NEET.
- Register by providing the name, mobile number, email id and other details.
- Fill in the registration form.
- Some details to be filled – Date of Birth, Category, Nationality, qualification details such as Year of Passing, Percentage of marks, etc, details to contact and choice for exam centre.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed size and format only.
- Fee payment of application can be done through online and offline mode.
- Towards the end, the confirmation page will be displayed. Take the printout of the duly filled application form for future reference.
- Aadhar card is no more a mandate in order to fill the application form. Valid ID proof must be provided
Once the process is complete, candidates are provided with a provisional application number. This number will also be sent to the email id and registered phone number.
Documents required to Apply Online for NEET 2022
Listed below are the documents one would require while submitting the NEET application form 2022. Take a look:
- Most recent passport size photograph
- Most recent postcard size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s thumb impression
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Valid ID proof
Specifications of the documents are as follows:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file
|Description for Online Tool
(with 72 DPI)
|Passport size photograph||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Postcard size photograph||4″X6″||10 kb to 200 kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 kb to 30 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Thumb impression||Not specified||10 kb to 200 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 mark sheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
Click here to check the specifications of the NEET photo size
Examination Fee for NEET 2022
The application fee for NEET 2022 is as mentioned below (subject to change):
|Category||Fee (INR)||Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||₹ 1600/-||₹ 8500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||₹ 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||₹ 900/-|
Mode of Payment:
Application fee payment can be done through the offline mode as given below:
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Processing charges and GST as applicable, are chargeable (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator
NEET 2022 Application Form Correction
After submission of the NEET 2022 application form, candidates are provided with an opportunity to make changes to limited fields through the online mode. One must regularly visit the website for the latest notifications on the re-opening of the portal for correction facility.
In case, candidates are required to correct and upload a clearer photograph or signature, it will be intimated through SMS or email regarding the same. Additionally, registered candidates can make changes to fields such as – Date of birth, gender, identification, category, state code of eligibility, the medium of the exam paper, exam center, name of parents, percentage and marks obtained in the qualifying examination, etc. In case, an additional fee has to be made, the same can be done through net banking or debit/credit card payment.
Incomplete form submission can result in rejection of the form. No changes to any fields will be entertained once the form has been submitted.
Additional Reading: NEET Application Form Correction
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates taking part in NEET must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022. Read to find complete details on eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations
- SC/ST/PWBD candidates/Other Backward Classes (NCL) – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates from the J&K state are eligible to appear for NEET 2022 under the All India 15% quota only by self-declaration. Such candidates can also get admitted to AFMC, Pune
- Indian Citizens/ OCI intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG)
- Candidate has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of candidate’s admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course
- No upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021
Aadhar Card Possession
Aadhar card is no more a mandate to participate in NEET. Valid ID proof should be kept ready. Candidates belonging to the state of Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K can furnish ration card numbers, passport numbers, bank account numbers, or any valid ID number while NRI, OCI, PIO, and other foreign nationals can produce their passport numbers for the same.
Learn more about NEET Attempt Limit
NEET Exam Pattern 2022 – Highlights
Refer to the table provided below to know about the NEET 2022 Exam pattern:
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based|
|Expected number of Applicants||Around 16-17 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||200 minutes (03 hours 20 Minutes)|
|Seats Offered||Admission of more than 1 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 85% State quota and 15% All India quota (Subject to change)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other Courses|
|Number of Questions||200 questions (MCQs) – 180 to be answered|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions with 4 options – 1 correct answer|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Questions from sections||Physics – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Chemistry – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Botany – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Zoology – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
|Language||The question paper is asked in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
NEET Syllabus 2022
The Medical Council of India (MCI) prescribes a syllabus for NEET. It covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology from classes 11 and 12. Typically, the syllabus for NEET is published once a thorough review from inputs of different states on the syllabi is conducted. Syllabi are based on NCERT, CBSE and COBSEW. Check this space for the latest on the syllabus.
Provided below is the subject-wise syllabus for NEET 2022 from classes 11 and 12.
NEET 2022 Physics Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Electro statistics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Motion of systems of particles and rigid body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and wave|
Also Check: NEET Physics Syllabus
NEET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||P Block elements|
|Redox reactions||D and F block elements|
|s-Block elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in everyday life|
Click here to check NEET Chemistry Syllabus in detail
NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Diversity in the Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
Also Read: NEET Biology Syllabus
NEET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered by submitting the NEET 2022 Application form can expect the NEET admit card to be released on the official website. Some details regarding the same are as follows:
- NEET Admit Card 2022 will be released on the official website for NEET by the NTA – conducting authority for NEET
- Admit cards will be made available through the online mode only. Admit cards will not be posted
- Applicants can expect the admit card to be released sometime just before the examination
- Candidates must take a print of the admit card
- Some details on the admit card are –
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Exam date
- Duration of exam
- Reporting time
- Venue – exam center and its details
- Candidates must carry a copy of the NEET 2022 admit card to the exam hall
- Along with releasing admit cards, a format to affix postcard photographs to the admit card shall also be specified
- Candidates must contact the official authority for NEET, in case they find any disparity in details on the admit card
NEET Preparation 2022 – How To Start Preparing For NEET 2022?
The best time to start preparing for NEET 2022 is right now! A sound preparation can certainly bring success to candidates appearing for NEET. Follow these simple steps to start preparing for NEET.
Checklist to start NEET 2022 Preparation
1. Get acquainted with NEET Exam pattern 2022
2. Download/take a print of the syllabus, question papers and other essential documents
3. Start strategizing
4. Design a study planner
5. Prepare your own notes
6. Focus on gaining conceptual clarity
7. Solve question papers and sample papers for NEET
8. Take up mock tests
9. Set realistic daily targets and achieve them
10. Solve as many as 150-200 questions per day
11. Take up 2 subjects a day
Some other tips while preparing:
- Ensure to study for NEET exclusively every day. Over time one will get habituated to indulging in long-hours-studying with attention staying intact
- NEET is not a memory testing exam, hence give up on rote memorization techniques. Focus on gaining clarity on concepts, for which you can seek help. Learn from video tutorials to understand better
- Understand concepts and apply the same while solving problems.
- Practise and solve as many papers to increase your levels of speed and accuracy
- With ample time left, one can enhance the analytical capabilities by attempting to solving the same problem more efficiently by applying different techniques
- Cynosure must be on managing time efficiently, discipline and dedication to sticking to the routine, enhancing conceptual knowledge, etc.
- Practise diagrams, focus on chemical reactions, learn physics formulae
- If you find a topic difficult, reform it into a flowchart or visualize it in a diagram
- When reading chapters for the first time, go through them carefully. Do not learn. After completing the chapter, try to recall important information. Read and learn it the second time. This time it is learnt in-depth for its information. In the end, try recalling and solving questions in the chapter. This way, you have read the chapter twice and solidified your knowledge on the chapter
- Do not miss out on the summary section provided at the end of chapter
- Study and understand examples carefully. They help understand concepts and apply the knowledge gained to solving questions
- Do not indulge in marathon reading sessions initially
- Maintain separate notes for NEET with all terminologies of NCERT intact. Highlight important points, use mnemonics, flowcharts, mappings, etc. Check out the article below to frame the best notes for NEET.
Also see: How To Make Notes for NEET
How To Start Preparing for NEET 2022 from Class 11?
One of the best and ideal times to start preparing for NEET 2022 is from Class 11 onwards. Start following the aforementioned preparation tips and get started. One can enrol at a NEET Coaching centre if required. Remember, one can conveniently crack NEET with self-studies as well. Staying dedicated and disciplined to the study routine is key.
NCERT is the holy grail for NEET candidates. One must master NCERT textbooks for classes 11 & 12. Check out the Best Books for NEET for complete details.
NEET 2022 Results
Results for NEET 2022 shall be declared by NTA – the conducting authority on the official website for NEET. Results typically shall be announced a few weeks after the exam has been conducted. Candidates must visit the official website and log in with their respective credentials check and download results. Credentials asked on the result page are roll number and other details. One must download and carry a copy of the same during the counselling process. After the result declaration, NEET 2022 Cut off shall be announced.
Don’t miss: NEET Questions
NEET Answer Key 2022
Once NEET 2022 has been conducted, the answer key will be released in a week’s time. The answer key for NEET 2022 shall be released on the official website for NEET by the NTA. Along with the answer key, the OMR responses shall also be published via the online mode.
In case of any discrepancy after comparison with the NEET answer key, one can avail the facility of challenging the answer key. One must pay an amount of rupees 1000/- per challenge. Typically, the time allotted to a challenge is just 2 days.
How To Download NEET Answer Key from Official Website?
- Visit the official website – ntaneet.nic.in
- Log in with your credentials – roll number and password
- Click on the link to download “NEET 2022 Answer key”
Get the complete procedure from scratch to challenge here – NEET Answer Key
NEET Cut-off 2022
Cut-off indicates the minimum score that must be obtained in order to qualify the entrance test. The NTA declares the cut-off for NEET along with the declaration of result. The list so published has the All India ranks, category wise of all the candidates who have qualified for the test.
A merit list will be generated by the participating states for the upcoming counselling process. The scorecard, in addition to the cut off marks, will also display the NEET cut-off percentile and the number of applicants.
Candidates who have cleared the cut-off will then be required to register themselves for the NEET Counselling process 2022, a few weeks post the announcement of results.
Cut-off announced for a particular year varies, depending on factors such as the number of candidates appearing in the exam that year, students performance, the difficulty level of the exam, etc.
NEET Rank List 2022
A merit list is prepared on the instructions of MCI (Medical Council of India), DGHS (Directorate General Of Health Services), and the DCI (Dental Council of India). The merit list is prepared for the 15% All India Quota. Candidates will be intimated about NEET counselling in their order of ranking obtained at the NEET UG exam.
Also see: NEET Quiz Videos
NEET Reservation Criteria 2022
The following table describes the reservation criteria for different categories. Take a look.
|General Economically Weaker section||10%|
|Other backward castes||27%|
|Persons with disabilities||5%|
NEET Online Coaching For NEET 2022
Enrolling for NEET Coaching is an individual choice, but it is certainly helpful. Coaching centres have experienced faculty with years of experience in training candidates to face NEET. Along with great exposure, it also comes along with a systematic approach to studying, weekly/daily assessments, constant mentoring, doubt-clearing sessions and much more.
While it is ideal to enrol for NEET coaching from class 11 onwards, it can still be taken up in class 12. Cracking NEET with Online Coaching for NEET becomes a lot easier and hassle-free.
Explore more about NEET at BYJU’S.
|NEET Question Papers – NEET PYQ|
|NEET Preparation Tips|
|NEET Sample Papers|
|NEET Biology MCQs|